Moving Labor in Chicago
Save money by hiring our moving labor services in Chicago, Illinois and the entire Chicagoland Metropolitan Area! We specialize in providing insured moving labor for your self service move, both locally and long distance. Hire our movers to load, unload or pack your rental truck, storage container, freight trailer or other moving method anywhere in the Chicagoland area or anywhere in the country!
- Load Help: Expertly Load & Maximize Space for Moving Trucks, POD Units, Trailers & More
- Unload Help: Quickly Unload Furniture from Truck Rentals, Portable Storage Units, Trailers & More
- Packing Help: Our Movers Pack Your Moving Boxes
- Apartment Moves: Moving From One Apartment to Another in the Same Complex or Building
- Furniture Moving: Help Moving Furniture, Moving Within the Home, Moving for Renovations, Decluttering or Organizing
The Chicago Metropolitan Area is the 3rd most populous area in the United States and 27th most populous in the world!
Pricing for Moving Labor in Chicago
- Prices include taxes & fees.
- Billing begins when we arrive at your location, not when we dispatch.
- We have no hidden charges. You won't be surprised when you receive your bill.
- Not sure which package is best for you? Request a free moving labor quote.
|Crew Size||Minimum Hours||Minimum Price||Each Addt'l Hour|
*Important: A $25 surcharge will be applied to many locations in the Downtown Chicago area. This surcharge is necessary to offset the high cost of parking. Learn More.
**Some locations will be subject to a travel fee. A travel fee may be required due to distance or likelihood of tolls, parking expenses or traffic. If a travel charge is required you will be notified during the quoting process or, for online reservations, before we process your order. See Topic FAQ
Reserving moving labor is a simple process which can be done online or through our call center. While we recommend 5-7 days notice for all moves we can generally accommodate short notice moves with at least 24 hours notice.
To schedule your movers call 888-354-8303 or 773-966-2816. You can also reserve services online.
Employee Relocation to/from Chicago
These days far fewer companies are paying employee relocation expenses than ever before. However, because Chicago is a major business center many new hires may be required to relocate regardless of who will be paying for the move. The upside is that today there are more self move options available than ever before and with a little research you can save 60-70% when compared to a traditional full service move.
By combining our moving labor services with a transportation method (think PODS, freight trucks or truck rentals) you can save big on your relocation expenses. We will help you determine which moving method is best for your relocation and provide you with discounts and special offers from our partners.
Top Companies in Chicagoland
|Walgreens||Boeing||Kraft Foods||Sears Holdings||United Continental|
|McDonald's||Exelon||Navistar||Sara Lee||Motorola Mobility|
|Hyatt Hotels||United Airlines||Tribune Company||TransUnion||Orbitz|
College Moving in Chicago
College move-in and move-out services are available at the University of Chicago, Northwestern University, Illinois Institute of Technology, Loyola University Chicago, DePaul University and the University of Illinois at Chicago. Discount student moving services are available for select schools.
Get an instant price estimate for your college!
Discounts on Moving Services in Chicago
We're helping to bring down the cost of moving with special offers and discounts from our partners. Check out these awesome discounts available in your area:
- Save up to 20% on your truck rental from Penske Truck Rental.
- 150 Channels of DirecTV for $29.99/mo.
- Special offers on moving and packing supplies.
To redeem one of these offers simply visit our discounts section. These offers are available in the "Partner" and "Home Services" sections.
A parking permit is required for moving trucks, PODS and trailers in Chicago and can be obtained for $25 per day. To request a permit in Chicago you should contact the Chicago Department of Transportation. NOTE: After clicking the link scroll to page two.
Because local jurisdictions and laws have a tendency to change it is recommended that you contact your local police department or transportation authority to check on parking permit requirements.
Reusable Plastic Boxes for Local Moves in Chicago
Are you moving locally in the Chicagoland area? If so, you may want to consider renting plastic moving boxes as opposed to buying traditional cardboard moving boxes. Redi-Box rents plastic bins specifically for local moves in the Chicago area. Use discount code "EML" for $15 off your Redi-Box purchase!
Chicago, IL Major Service Areas
|Chicago||Oak Park||Elmhurst||Naperville||Downers Grove||La Grange||Oak Lawn|
|Dekalb||Oswego||Orland Park||Arlington Heights||Buffalo Grove||Glenview||Cicero|
|Des Plaines||Park Ridge||Joliet||Lincolnwood||Geneva||Batavia||Wheaton|
Helpful Local Moving Tips
Share your local knowledge and help others who may be moving to/from the area. Take a moment and let us know about:
- Low cost moving supply and moving box locations.
- The best local truck rental locations. Maybe you received exceptional service at a specific location?
- Green moving services in the area. (e.g. Moving bin/box rentals)
- Parking permit requirements or local parking ordinances that affect truck rentals, trailers or portable storage units.
- Other DIY or self moving tips in the local area.